Oriental marinade/sauce like Yoshida sauce
1 csoy sauce
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 3/4 csugar
8green onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch sections
·about a half inch chunk of ginger root, diced fairly small
3 Tbsphoisin sauce
How to Make Oriental marinade/sauce like Yoshida sauce
- Combine all ingredients except for the hoisin sauce in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a good boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- After simmering for 15 minutes, take off heat and add hoisin sauce. Stir to blend well.
- Let cool to room temp. and refrigerate until ready to use as a marinade/sauce. This will keep for a very long time in the fridge.
- This marinade is awesome on chicken. Just pour some over whatever chicken you are cooking and marinade for at least 1 hour, or up to over night. Grill, stir fry, bake for a wonderful flavorful entree!
- Do not stop with chicken! This works for any meat and tofu as well... even vegetables are awesome with this sauce. Just add to your stir fry and mix.