Oriental marinade/sauce like Yoshida sauce
- 1 c
- soy sauce
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 3/4 c
- green onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch sections
- about a half inch chunk of ginger root, diced fairly small
- 2 clove
- 3 Tbsp
- hoisin sauce
How to Make Oriental marinade/sauce like Yoshida sauce
- 1Combine all ingredients except for the hoisin sauce in a medium sauce pan.
- 2Bring to a good boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3After simmering for 15 minutes, take off heat and add hoisin sauce. Stir to blend well.
- 4Let cool to room temp. and refrigerate until ready to use as a marinade/sauce. This will keep for a very long time in the fridge.
- 5This marinade is awesome on chicken. Just pour some over whatever chicken you are cooking and marinade for at least 1 hour, or up to over night. Grill, stir fry, bake for a wonderful flavorful entree!
- 6Do not stop with chicken! This works for any meat and tofu as well... even vegetables are awesome with this sauce. Just add to your stir fry and mix.