Orange Chicken Stir Fry
For more flavor you can add your favorite stir fry vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, baby corn, pea pods, green onions, bok choy, red bell pepper, edamame, bamboo shoots, water chesnuts, sliced ginger, mushrooms or whatever sounds great to you!
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- grated orange rind
- 1 tsp
- grated ginger-root
- 1/4 tsp
- hot sauce
- 1 c
- orange juice
- 1/3 c
- soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- oranges, peeled, seeded, and sectioned (or you can use 1 can of mandarin oranges)
- hot cooked white rice ( i use calrose rice)
How to Make Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- 1Pour oil around top of preheated wok, coating sides; allow to heat at medium-high heat (325 degrees) for 2 minutes. Add chicken and stir fry in wok for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from wok and drain well on paper towels.
- 2Add orange rind, ginger-root and hot sauce to wok; stir fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- 3Return chicken to wok; stir fry for 3 minutes. Combine orange juice, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch; mix well.
- 4Add orange juice mixture and orange sections(or mandarin oranges) to chicken and stir fry for 3 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.