Orange BBQ Chicken Bites
After going through the fridge and cabinets this recipe was born, and since its trial it has been requested several more times!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Sweet and tangy, tender and crispy! Orange chicken and BBQ sauce are a match made in heaven. The Test Kitchen
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp
- cold water
- 1 1/2 c
- salt and pepper
- 1 c
- barbecue sauce
- 1/4 c
- white wine
- 4 Tbsp
- orange marmalade
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- drops orange extract flavoring
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp
- white pepper
- 1/4 c
- cornstarch slurry (see note)
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- snipped green onions
- 2 Tbsp
- sesame seeds
How to Make Orange BBQ Chicken Bites
- 1Rinse the chicken and cut into 1-inch pieces.
In a small bowl, beat eggs and cold water.
Put flour in a bag with salt and pepper.
Dip the chicken in the egg and then drop in the bag of flour and coat.
- 2Drop chicken in a large pan of hot oil and cook thoroughly. Remove from pan and place on a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb any extra oil.
- 3In a saucepan mix barbecue sauce, white wine, marmalade, garlic, extract, crushed red pepper flakes and white pepper.
Bring to a simmer and stir in slurry and soy sauce. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens and remove from heat.
**For the slurry, mix 1/4 cup cornstarch with 1/8 cup each soy sauce and cold water.**
- 4In a large pan add chicken and sauce together and coat chicken. Add snipped chives and sesame seeds.
- 5I served this over white rice with a side of steamed broccoli.