One Pot Chicken Heart gravy Pasta
I will definitely use hearts and gizzards and livers...and broth!
Will update the recipe and add my own pics after testing it.
In the meantime I'm using her pic as well..cause it just deserves to have one!
·--chicken hearts, sliced open (i removed the fatty top part and reserved them on the side)
·--pasta of your choice (something small that cooks faster is better)
·--butter and a drop of oil
·--salt & black pepper
·--soy sauce (optional, decrease salt if using)
·--hungarian smoked paprika to taste (optional)
·--hot boiled water
How to Make One Pot Chicken Heart gravy Pasta
- wash and drying the hearts
- Reserve those fatty heart tops, most people will not cut this part off but sometimes an artery is in tact and I would rather avoid it to be honest. However there is lots of flavour in it so we're not throwing it out just yet!
- Add the butter and oil to the pot and as soon as it's hot and sizzling add your chicken heart tops and do not move them around, let them crisp up.
- Once your pot is nice and has many brown bits in the bottom remove the pieces and bring the butter back up to a sizzling heat again and add the heart bottoms. Let the same process go on until they are browned on one side adding the smashed garlic clove somewhat towards the end so it doesn't burn. Season with salt.
- Add your pasta (yes dry! Straight out of the package!)
Begin frying it around and have your kettle boiled
- Add your hot water into the pot enough to cover the pasta and season with black pepper and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
If you have chicken stock on hand by all means use it!! I had some so it went in as well.
- Once everything is boiling cover and simmer on medium low until the pasta is cooked. You can open it and stir from time to time and add a bit of water if it needs it.