One ~ 1 ~ one chicken'cha cha!
Irisa Raina 9
This chicken has a real kick to it…so if you don’t like it to hot put ½ the amount of the hot sauce in, it’s just that simple! You’ll still have enough marinade.
*** If you are BBQ-ing the chicken do it as the indirect heat method and baste with remaining marinade. You won’t want to put this directly over the coals as the brown sugar will burn before the chicken is cooked. If you want the skin crisp the last 5 minutes of cooking move it over the coals skin side down.
·2 large skin on bone in chicken breast
·1 cup maple syrup
·1 cup sriracha hot chile “ more or less “ depending on how hot you like you chicken.
·1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
·1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
·1 tablespoon minced “dry” onion
·1 tablespoon minced “dry” garlic
·1 teaspoon basil
·1 teaspoon sea salt
·1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
YOU'LL TASTE THE SWEET AND THEN THE HEAT!
How to Make One ~ 1 ~ one chicken'cha cha!
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Except the chicken.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes to soften the dry herbs.
- Divide the marinade in ½. Refrigerate the ½ for later use.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken remove from the marinade “discarding the marinade “and place in a baking ***dish, cover the chicken with the remaining ½ of the sauce and bake uncovered.
- Either BBQ or bake the chicken till it is done. I am baking this so I’ll have my oven on 375 for about 30 ~ 40 minutes.
- How long this will take if you bake it will depend on how big your chicken pieces are. And how accurate your oven is.