OMG-oven fried chicken
- 3 c
- frito-brand corn chips
- 1 c
- italian-style panko bread crumbs
- packet dry garlic and herb salad dressing mix
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 2 tsp
- grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp
- each, salt and pepper
- 4 lb
- a mix of chicken drumsticks and thighs
How to Make OMG-oven fried chicken
- 1Position oven racks in center and lower third of oven. Heat oven to 400. Place frito chips in food processor and pulse until finely crushed.
- 2Line 2 baking sheets w/ foil. Place an oven rack on each of the baking sheets and lightly spray racks w/ cooking spray. In lg bowl, combine crushed chips, bread crumbs and dry dressing mix. Set aside. In another lg bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream,, zest, salt and pepper.
- 3Add chicken to mayonnaise mix and stir to coat well. Remove chicken pieces, one at a time. Let excess drip off the chicken. Coat chicken completely in reserved coating mix. Place chicken pieces on the racks. Lightly spray each chicken piece w/ cooking spray. Roast about 45 mins, rotating pans half way through, or until juices run clear in chicken.