8boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5-6oz each)
1 cold fashioned oats
1/2 cparmesan cheese (in shaker jar)
1 tspdried thyme
1 sticksalted butter
1 tspfreshly minced garlic
How to Make Oatmeal Chicken
- Melt butter over low heat; add garlic and stir.
- In a pie plate, mix oatmeal, Parmesan and thyme. When mixture runs out, mix more as needed; doubling the ingredients does not seem to work as well.
- Rinse and dry chicken breasts; trim any visible fat.
- Dip chicken in butter to coat; then press into the oatmeal mixture until coated. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Place coated breasts in a prepared casserole dish or baking pan; allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining butter evenly over the breasts and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot, with spinach mashed potatoes and steamed vegetable medley or orange-glazed carrots.