- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5-6oz each)
- 1 c
- old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese (in shaker jar)
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 stick
- salted butter
- 1 tsp
- freshly minced garlic
How to Make Oatmeal Chicken
- 1Melt butter over low heat; add garlic and stir.
- 2In a pie plate, mix oatmeal, Parmesan and thyme. When mixture runs out, mix more as needed; doubling the ingredients does not seem to work as well.
- 3Rinse and dry chicken breasts; trim any visible fat.
- 4Dip chicken in butter to coat; then press into the oatmeal mixture until coated. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- 5Place coated breasts in a prepared casserole dish or baking pan; allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- 6Drizzle remaining butter evenly over the breasts and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
- 7Serve hot, with spinach mashed potatoes and steamed vegetable medley or orange-glazed carrots.