Not Yo'mama's Chicken: "Nacho Mama Chicken"
I've also used for pork chops.
4 largechicken breasts, boneless and skinless, still frozen
1 bottlehidden valley salad dressing: nacho cheese or ranch flavor (add some salsa to the ranch, i used 2 tbsp).
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 ccorn meal (white preferred but use what u have...)
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/8 tspfresh ground pepper
1 tspsea salt
1 1/2 tspcorn starch
1/4 cvegetable oil
1/4 - 1/3 cparmesan & romano cheese blended together
1 Tbspminced parsley/basil, dry
1 bottlepaprika, sweet mild. use to suit taste.
How to Make Not Yo'mama's Chicken: "Nacho Mama Chicken"
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix well, with a fork: flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, ground pepper, sea salt, corn starch, minced parsley or basil, dry.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with foil, drizzle with vegetable oil. Tilt pan to coat bottom with thin layer of oil. (add more oil to cover bottom completely)
- Brush both sides of frozen chicken breasts thickly with nacho dressing. Dredge in flour and spice mixture. Tap off excess.
- Arrange chicken in pan so are not touching either pan sides or other chicken pieces. Cover chicken pan tightly with foil.
Place on center rack of oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove foil to pierce thickest portion of meat with fork. When juices run barely light pink remove pan from oven. Remove foil covering.
- Sprinkle chicken with cheese mixture, spray lightly with Pam* cooking spray. Dust with paprika.
- Return to oven, bake uncovered for 5-7 minutes more or just until browning and juices run clear when pierced in thickest part of meat.
Remove chicken pieces to serving platter, let stand a few minutes to cool and allow flavors to meld and develp