Not Yo'mama's Chicken: "Nacho Mama Chicken"
I've also used for pork chops.
- 4 large
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, still frozen
- 1 bottle
- hidden valley salad dressing: nacho cheese or ranch flavor (add some salsa to the ranch, i used 2 tbsp).
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- corn meal (white preferred but use what u have...)
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp
- corn starch
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 - 1/3 c
- parmesan & romano cheese blended together
- 1 Tbsp
- minced parsley/basil, dry
- 1 bottle
- paprika, sweet mild. use to suit taste.
How to Make Not Yo'mama's Chicken: "Nacho Mama Chicken"
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix well, with a fork: flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, ground pepper, sea salt, corn starch, minced parsley or basil, dry.
- 2Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with foil, drizzle with vegetable oil. Tilt pan to coat bottom with thin layer of oil. (add more oil to cover bottom completely)
- 3Brush both sides of frozen chicken breasts thickly with nacho dressing. Dredge in flour and spice mixture. Tap off excess.
- 4Arrange chicken in pan so are not touching either pan sides or other chicken pieces. Cover chicken pan tightly with foil.
Place on center rack of oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove foil to pierce thickest portion of meat with fork. When juices run barely light pink remove pan from oven. Remove foil covering.
- 5Sprinkle chicken with cheese mixture, spray lightly with Pam* cooking spray. Dust with paprika.
- 6Return to oven, bake uncovered for 5-7 minutes more or just until browning and juices run clear when pierced in thickest part of meat.
Remove chicken pieces to serving platter, let stand a few minutes to cool and allow flavors to meld and develp