Not Mom's Chicken Tetrazzini
The original recipe is from Southern Living Magazine. I've made a few changes. It is one of my family's favorites. We usually serve it with a salad or green beans.
1 pkgwhole wheat vermicelli (16 oz pkg)
1/2 cchicken broth
4 cchopped cooked chicken
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup (10 oz)
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup (10 oz)
1 can(s)cream of celery soup (10 oz)
8 ozcontainer sour cream
6 ozjar sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cshredded parmesan cheese
1 cshredded asiago cheese
1 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Not Mom's Chicken Tetrazzini
- Cook vermicelli, drain and return to pot and toss with chicken broth
- Stir together chopped chicken and next 9 ingredients in a large bowl; add vermicelli and toss well
- Spoon mixture into 1 lightly greased 11 x 14 inch baking dish or two 11 x 7 baking dishes. Sprinkle evenly with of cheddar cheese
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- NOTE: Freeze unbaked casserole up to 1 month if desired. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature and bake as directed.
- ANOTHER NOTE: fat-free soup can be used, but it does not taste as good - it's a little bland.