Norma's Parmesan Chicken Bundles
- 4 oz
- (1/2 of 8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 c
- shredded low0moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, devided
- 1 pkg
- (10 ounce) brozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 6 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 small
- boneless skinless chicken brest halves (1 1/2 pounds), pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- ritz cracker, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 c
- of your favorite spaghetti sauce, heated
How to Make Norma's Parmesan Chicken Bundles
- 1Preheat your oven to 375.
- 2Meanwhile, mix chream cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella and 3 tablespoons of parmesan unti well blended and set aside.
- 3Place the chicken breast one at a time between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound down to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 4When finished with all six chicken breast lay them flat and spread mixture onto each breast.
- 5Start at one short end of each breast and roll up chicken tightly and secure with a wooden toothpick if desired and set aside.
- 6In a shallow dish, beat eggs.
- 7Mix remaining parmesan and cracker crumbs in separate shallow dish.
- 8Dip chicken bundles in egg and then roll in crumb mixture.
- 9Place seam-sides down in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 10Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 11Remove from oven and discard toothpicks if you used them.
- 12Serve topped with spaghetti sauce and remaining mozzarella.
- 13*These can be made ahead, covered and placed in your refrigerator for up to 4 hours. When ready to serve, uncover and bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 14*For something special you can stir chopped freah basil and or sliced bloack olives into spaghetti sauce before heating.