Norma's Applejack Chicken w/Long Grain & Wild rice
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 c
- laird's applejack rum
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- apple juice
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh poultry blend, (rosemary, sage & thyme) finely chopped
- 6 ounce box of uncle bens long grain & wild rice with roasted garlic & olive oil
How to Make Norma's Applejack Chicken w/Long Grain & Wild rice
- 1Place two tablespoons of olive oil in bottom of large frying pan and heat at med-high heat.
- 2Add chicken cubes and cook chicken until no longer pink inside and starting to turn brown.
- 3Add apple slices, and herb mixture, stir and cook until apples are soft.
- 4Add butter and stir until melted.
- 5Left pan off of stove top. Add Applejake Rum away from stove and light it with a lighter that is pictured above until it burns off. Being very careful!!!
- 6Return to stove top and continue cooking up to a boil and add apple juice and stir.
- 7Lower heat, place a lid over mixture and simmer while rice is cooking.
- 8Make your box of your favorite Long Grain & Wild Rice mix as directed on the box and cook as directed.
- 9Place cooked rice on plate and cover with chicken mixture. Serve hot with your favorite vegetables.