Normans Famous Chicken Cassarole
Shirley Richardson Janisse
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 largechicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 pkgegg noodles
2 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
2 Tbsplawrys seasoned salt
1/4 cmilk, 2%
12 slicecheddar cheese, sliced
How to Make Normans Famous Chicken Cassarole
- In a large pan,combine chicken breasts and seasoned salt in enough water to cover chicken and cook until done. Remove chicken from liquid and set aside to cool. Reserve liquid. After the chicken has cooled, cut up into bite size pieces.
- Bring the reserved liquid to a boil and cook noodles until tender. Drain liquid.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Place 1/2 of the noodles on the bottom of a large cassarole dish. Add a layer of 1/2 of the chicken on top , then 1 can cream of mushroom, and then 1/2 of the cream of chicken. Top that layer with 6 slices of cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour milk over top and cover with cassarole lid. Place on foil lined oven rack. Bake for 40 minutes and take off lid for the remaining 5 minutes. Allow cassarole to cool slightly before serving.