No Mess Chicken Parmesan!
Very little cleanup and is divine!
4chicken cutlets (should be a little over 1&1/2lb. total)
1 can(s)tomato sauce, italian seasoned
1 pkgpoultry spice
·extra virgin olive oil
2 cmozerella cheese shredded (whole milk)
1 cparmesan cheese shredded (optional)
4 pinchparsley flakes (garnish)
4portions of your favorite cooked pasta (optional)
How to Make No Mess Chicken Parmesan!
- Drizzle olive oil onto one side of chicken cutlet. Liberally apply poultry spice [don't skimp on the spice - its ok! :) ]. Use a fork to lightly work the spices into the meat.
- Turn meat over and repeat step 1. Do this will all 4 cutlets.
- In a large skillet; heat to Med-High and drizzle olive oil in the bottom.
- Place cutlets into the pan (1-2 at a time depending on how big your skillet is). Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- While the cutlets are cooking you can go ahead and prepare your pan. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Open the can of tomato sauce. Using a large spoon, make a bed of tomato sauce that will cover the area where you will place the chicken. You only have to use about 1/2 the can (or less depending on the size of the tomato sauce you chose)
- Turn the cutlets over and cook for an additional 1-3 minutes.
- Once all the chicken has been cooked; place the cutlets on the cookie sheet with the tomato sauce.
- Spoon additional sauce over the top of the chicken. (Using the other half of the can of tomato sauce). make sure the chicken is fully covered but not drowned in the sauce.
- Liberally apply the mozzarella cheese (and Parmesan cheese if you desire) to the top of each cutlet. Do not be shy with the cheese. It is what makes this dish!
- Broil in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown bubbles appear on top of the cheese.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley (fresh or flakes). Place on top of your favorite pasta or just eat it by itself! Enjoy!