No-Fuss Jerk Chicken
Coconut Rice is as a great side dish to serve with Jerk Chicken.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspallspice berries
1 Tbspblack peppercorns
1 Tbspfresh thyme leaves
2 mediumscotch bonnet or habanero chilies, halved and stems removed
2 tspground ginger
6scallions (green onions), roughly chopped
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/2 tspgrated nutmeg
1/2 tspground cinnamon
2 Tbsplow-sodium soy sauce
·juice of 2 limes
6 largechicken legs - leg and thigh attached
How to Make No-Fuss Jerk Chicken
- Slightly crush the allspice berries and peppercorns (so they more easily blend into the marinade).
- Place crushed allspice, crushed peppercorns, thyme leaves, garlic, chilies, scallions, ginger, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, soy sauce and lime juice in a food processor, and grind to a paste.
- Put chicken in a baking dish, add the seasoning paste and coat chicken well, using a spoon. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F, and bring chicken to room temperature. Turn chicken once more in marinade to coat well.
- Place dish in the oven, uncovered. Bake for 1 hour or until well browned and juices run clear when probed with a paring knife. Put dish under the broiler for a minute or so, to char chicken skin slightly. Remove and serve with coconut rice, if desired.