NANCYS-CHICKEN LEG,CROWN ROAST w/DRESSING
Nancy J. Patrykus
chicken leg recipe that I devised!
This was the last foto taken before
my camera kicked the bucket.
Here it is ready for the oven,
before I decided to pre-cook the chicken legs..
This turned out to be a beautiful presentation
and a delicious meal.
Need I say more???
- 6-8 medium
- chicken legs
- 1 tsp
- each: sage,ginger,marjarn, thyme, blk.pepper. ..mixed and put in a plastic bag.
- milk to cover ..chicken legs...in another plastic bag.
- 1/2 c
- oil or butter
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 to1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- poultry seasoning ...or sage
- 1 dash(es)
- black pepper
- 1 medium
- 3/4 to 1 c
- chicken stock ...or milk
- 6-8 c
- dry bread cubes
How to Make NANCYS-CHICKEN LEG,CROWN ROAST w/DRESSING
- 1With or without skin,wash chicken legs, pat dry.
Put in a plastic bag with enough milk to cover.
Put in refrigerator over night,or at least 6 hours.
Squish the bag and turn a couple times.
When ready to bake...,drain legs on a wire rack, then put in a bag with the spices, and shake to cover the legs.
Heat oven to 400 degree.
Put legs in a greased pan.
Then bake 20 minutes each side.
Take out and set aside. While you make the dressing.
*****Now set the oven to 350 degrees!
- 2Make stuffing:
Gently saute in oil,or butter,the onion and celery. Remove from heat and add, salt,pepper,poultry seasoning or sage,1 beaten egg (optinal)
and chicken stock or milk.
Pour this over the dry bread cubes. Mix well.
Pile dressing into a greased baking bowl or pan.
- 3Arrange the 1/2 baked chicken legs around the sides of the dressing. See picture. Like a crown roast, and bake 3/4 to 1 hour at 350..
If the legs start to brown to much, ..cover the dish with a loose piece of aluminum foil.
- 4****NOTE: You can add any, or a combination of the following to your dressing: 1 peeled cored and chopped apple, 3/4 cup of raisins, or 1 small can of sliced cooked mushrooms (drained).