My version of Chicken Pot Pie
4-5chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 boxswanson chicken broth
1 pkgbroccoli florets-frozen
1 pkgcauliflower, small florets-frozen
1 pkgcarrot coins
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
2 ccolby jack cheese
1 boxprepared pie crust
2 cmashed potatoes
How to Make My version of Chicken Pot Pie
- Boil Chicken breasts in chicken broth-might not use whole box of broth. Let chicken cool enough to work with and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Put the pie crusts into separate deep dish pie pans. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 till brown-this keeps it from getting soggy when everything is put on it.
- Defrost, steam or blanch and drain all vegetables-I use the leftover chicken broth and just blanch the veggies-you want them fairly hard.
- Mix the veggies, both cans of cream soup and chicken together.
- Place veggie and chicken mix in the cooked pie shells, put the cheese on top of mixture and then cover with mashed potatoes-1 cup on each should do it.
- Put pies in oven and bake for 45 minutes to one hour on 350. Let rest for 10 or so minutes then cut and enjoy.
- If you want you can cook one and freeze the other so you can have dinner in an hour rather than cook one night.