My Oven "Fried" Chicken and Biscuits
6chicken pieces, preferable bone-in skin on breasts
1 1/2 cbisquit mix
1/3 csolid shortening(crisco)
1/3 cbutter, not margerine
·salt and pepper
How to Make My Oven "Fried" Chicken and Biscuits
- IMPORTANT NOTE: the timing for this recipe is based on using good sized chicken breasts with skin on and bone in; if using other parts, please adjust the timing.
- Put the 1/3 cup of shortening and 1/3 cup butter in 9x13-inch baking pan lined with foil. I use solid Crisco.
- Put baking pan into cold oven and heat oven to 400°F
- Meanwhile, put biscuit mix and seasonings in large plastic bag.
- Put one piece of chicken in bag and shake to coat.
- Do this for all pieces.
- When 400°F is reached, remove the pan from the oven.
- Place chicken pieces 'skin' side down in hot pan.
- Bake for approx 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using the Bisquick left in the bag, add enough Bisquick and milk to make a recipe of biscuits per directions on box.
- You can make drop or rolled biscuits.
- When the time is up on the chicken, remove the pan from the oven, turn the pieces over and CROWD them over to one short side of pan.
- On other side, place or drop biscuits close together in all those gorgeous juices
- Put back into oven and bake for 15 or more minutes, until biscuits are done.
- There is no need to butter THESE biscuits, they have soaked up all the juices etc from the baking pan!