My Oven "Fried" Chicken and Biscuits
How to Make My Oven "Fried" Chicken and Biscuits
- 1IMPORTANT NOTE: the timing for this recipe is based on using good sized chicken breasts with skin on and bone in; if using other parts, please adjust the timing.
- 2Put the 1/3 cup of shortening and 1/3 cup butter in 9x13-inch baking pan lined with foil. I use solid Crisco.
- 3Put baking pan into cold oven and heat oven to 400°F
- 4Meanwhile, put biscuit mix and seasonings in large plastic bag.
- 5Put one piece of chicken in bag and shake to coat.
- 6Do this for all pieces.
- 7When 400°F is reached, remove the pan from the oven.
- 8Place chicken pieces 'skin' side down in hot pan.
- 9Bake for approx 35 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, using the Bisquick left in the bag, add enough Bisquick and milk to make a recipe of biscuits per directions on box.
- 11You can make drop or rolled biscuits.
- 12When the time is up on the chicken, remove the pan from the oven, turn the pieces over and CROWD them over to one short side of pan.
- 13On other side, place or drop biscuits close together in all those gorgeous juices
- 14Put back into oven and bake for 15 or more minutes, until biscuits are done.
- 15There is no need to butter THESE biscuits, they have soaked up all the juices etc from the baking pan!