My Fried Chicken
1 pkg6 boneless chicken breasts
1 pkg6 chicken legs
2 Tbspchicken seasoning (i use mccormicks)
2 cself rising flour
1 cpanko bread crumbs
1 1/2 ccanola oil (for frying the chicken)
How to Make My Fried Chicken
- First, I rinse my chicken under cold water and then pat dry with paper towels. I then place the chicken in a 15 inch baking dish so all pieces are flat. Then I pour buttermilk over every piece, then I cover the chicken with foil and refrigerate until ready to fry.
- About 30 minutes before I do the frying I mix in a large bowl the flour, crumbs, and chicken seasoning. Then I divide the mixture into two ziplock bags. (I find the coating stays dryer and coats better when I use two bags)
- Next, I remove my chicken from the frig. and shake each piece a couple of times to remove some of the buttermilk and toss into one of the ziplocks until coated. I let the coated pieces rest on a baking sheet covered with foil until all the chicken is completed.
- Place oil in a large cast iron skillet and heat to medium setting. I fry chicken about 7 to 8 minutes on each side until done. (bigger pieces may need more time and smaller pieces may need less)
- I let the chicken drain on paper towels and rest for 5 minutes then I place completed chicken on a baking sheet on lowest setting in my oven until ready for eating. I try not to fry the chicken to far ahead. It tastes best when freshly fried.