My Chicken Casserole
3large potatoes, cleaned and sliced
1large onion, chopped
1fryer, cut into serving pieces
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tsprosemary, dried
1 cchicken broth
18 ounce carton sour cream
2 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make My Chicken Casserole
- In a shallow bowl combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dredge individual pieces of chicken in mixture to coat well.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken on all sides in the melted butter. Remove and set chicken pieces in greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Saute' chopped onion in skillet on medium heat. Remove pan from the heat. Spoon up the onion pieces and place evenly on top of chicken pieces. Place sliced potatoes on top of the onion and chicken pieces. Lightly sprinkle just a bit of salt and pepper on the potatoes.
- Add the dried rosemary and chicken broth to the skillet and heat on medium, stirring to scrape up bits left in pan. Stir in the sour cream and heat until bubbly.
- Pour heated broth and sour cream mixture over the potatoes, onion, and chicken. Cover the pan with foil, leaving one corner slightly opened.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven 55-60 minutes or until chicken is done.