My After-Thanksgiving Turkey Tetrazzini
1 lblinguini, uncooked
2 1/4 cturkey broth (or chicken broth)
1 1/4 cmilk
1 1/4 clight cream
1 3/4 cparmesan cheese, divided
4 cturkey (or chicken), cooked & chopped (great way to use thanksgiving leftovers!)
1/2 smallonion, diced small
1/2red pepper, diced small
2-3 clovegarlic, minced
1-2 can(s)mushroom slices or pieces.
1/2 cmozzarella cheese (optional)
How to Make My After-Thanksgiving Turkey Tetrazzini
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 mins. Drain.
- Melt the butter in an extra large saucepan. Saute onions, peppers, mushrooms & garlic until just soft.
- Add in the flour. Whisk to remove any lumps. Then add in the milk, cream & chicken broth. Stir.
- Bring to a soft boil. Add in 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese. Stir & then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add in the turkey. Pour the sauce over the turkey. Stir well.
- Add spaghetti into baking dish. Add in the turkey mixture. Stir to blend well.
- Top with remaining parmesan cheese & mozzarella, if using. Bake about 1 hour, until bubbly & surface is lightly browned. ** Be sure to put a large baking sheet below the dish in the oven in case of bubbling over