- 3 c
- white rice, dry (long cooking kind)
- 6 c
- green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 small
- jar salsa, medium or hot
- use any or all of the following, depending on what you have on hand:
- - shrimp (shelled, deveined, tails off)
- - pork (loin, chops)
- - sausage (sweet &/or hot)
- - chicken (white or dark meat is fine)
- - beef (roast, not ground)
How to Make My-a Jambalaya
- 1** I save leftover meat from dinners and put them in the freezer marked for Jambalaya.
- 2Cook the rice in 6 cups water for about 20-25 minutes, or until all water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 3Cut up the meats into bite-sized pieces. If uncooked, cook them thoroughly in a large fry pan.
- 4To the pan, add the peppers, onion & garlic.
- 5When all meats & veggies are cooked thoroughly/heated through, add the salsa. Stir well.
- 6Add in the cooked rice. Stir well & add the tobasco - as hot as your family likes it.