Mushroom Wine Sauce.
- 1 oz
- dried organic shiitake mushrooms.
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken,beef,or vegetable stock
- med onion diced.
- 1 clove
- garlic diced
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- red wine
- salt and pepper
- extra butter
How to Make Mushroom Wine Sauce.
- 1Soak dried mushroom in stock for 20 min. Drain mushrooms;save the stock. Slice mushroom thinly
- 2Saute omion and garlic in butter for 5 min ontill softened.Add mushrooms and simmer for 5 min.
Sprinkle with flour and slowly untill a roux (thick sauce) is formed
- 3Slowly stir in reserved stock and simmer for 20 min .Add wine and simmer for 5-10 min. Season to taste. Remove from heat and serve over meat,pasta,or cooked veges.