Mushroom Rosemary Chicken
- 2 1/2 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 c
- fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 large
- cloves of garlic
- 1 1/4 c
- chopped onion (1 to 1 1/4 c)
- fresh rosemary, 2 3 to 4" sprigs tied or wrapped in cheese cloth
- 3/4 c
- dry white wine (not "cooking wine")
- 1/4 c
- tomato paste
How to Make Mushroom Rosemary Chicken
- 1Cube the chicken to bite sized pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large heavy pan and add half the chicken to the pan.
- 2Saute until the chicken is just slightly browned on medium-high heat. Remove chicken and repeat with the remaining pieces. Set the chicken aside to be readded later.
- 3Lower heat to medium. Remove and discard all but one Tblsp. of oil from pan. Add onion and garlic; cook stirring, until onion is softened. Add rosemary and mushroom slices.
- 4Cook, stirring, until mushrooms are softened. Add wine and tomato paste, stir well.
- 5Put the chicken back in the pan and stir well to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- 6Cover pot and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes. Check and stir to avoid scorching.
- 7Remove lid and raise temperature to medium. Simmer a few minutes until sauce is reduced and thick.
- 8Remove the rosemary and discard it. Serve the chicken and sauce over al dente pasta. A green salad or green veggie (I am partial to broccoli) and crusty bread is a great addition.