Mushroom Rosemary Chicken
2 1/2 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 1/2 cfresh sliced mushrooms
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
2 Tbspolive oil
3 largecloves of garlic
1 1/4 cchopped onion (1 to 1 1/4 c)
·fresh rosemary, 2 3 to 4" sprigs tied or wrapped in cheese cloth
3/4 cdry white wine (not "cooking wine")
1/4 ctomato paste
How to Make Mushroom Rosemary Chicken
- Cube the chicken to bite sized pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large heavy pan and add half the chicken to the pan.
- Saute until the chicken is just slightly browned on medium-high heat. Remove chicken and repeat with the remaining pieces. Set the chicken aside to be readded later.
- Lower heat to medium. Remove and discard all but one Tblsp. of oil from pan. Add onion and garlic; cook stirring, until onion is softened. Add rosemary and mushroom slices.
- Cook, stirring, until mushrooms are softened. Add wine and tomato paste, stir well.
- Put the chicken back in the pan and stir well to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cover pot and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes. Check and stir to avoid scorching.
- Remove lid and raise temperature to medium. Simmer a few minutes until sauce is reduced and thick.
- Remove the rosemary and discard it. Serve the chicken and sauce over al dente pasta. A green salad or green veggie (I am partial to broccoli) and crusty bread is a great addition.