Mushroom Pork Chops
- boneless center cut pork chops
- lg sweet onion cut into rings
- 1 pkg
- fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 can(s)
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp
- white cooking wine(substitute with chicken stock)
- 6 Tbsp
- cold salted butter
- 1/2 pkg
- wide egg noodles
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Mushroom Pork Chops
- 1add 3 tbs butter, onion rings and mushrooms to hot pan on medium heat, stir until they start to carmalize. remove from pan.
- 2sprinkle salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder liberally on both sides of chops. Dredge in flour.
- 3add olive oil to pan and allow it to heat up. Set dusted chops into hot oil (do not crowd). cook for 5 min each side until golden brown. remove from pan.
- 4add wine (or stock) to hot pan and stir with wooden spatula until deglazed, reduce heat and add 2 tbs of cold butter and stir until thickened.
- 5add minced garlic, cream of mushroom soup and milk. stir until fully incorporated. fold back in mushrooms and onions. bring to a slow bubble
- 6add pork chops back in. Nestle into the sauce, but not covered. cover and simmer on low for 15 min.
- 7cook noodles per package instructions. drain and add remaining butter to prevent sticking.
- 8to plate: a bed of noodles, then pork chop, cover with sauce, serve with a steamed vegetable and dinner rolls.