- 5 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh tarragon (or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon)
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 8 oz
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small
- onion, cut into ringlets
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 can(s)
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
How to Make Mother-in Law's Awesome Mushroom Chicken Breast
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2In a large skillet, place 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine, parsley and tarragon. Heat until butter is melted and hot.
Saute, in butter mixture, chicken breasts 6-8 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Pour broth into the skillet, heat to boiling. Remove broth from skillet and set aside.
- 4Saute onions and mushrooms in remaining 2 TBSP of butter or margarine; blend in flour.
Add broth, cream and wine to skillet with mushrooms and onions, stirring constantly until boiling. Take pan off from heat.
- 5Arrange chicken in a 9x13 casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray (I use butter flavored). Pour mushroom mixture over the chickenand bake for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 6NOTES: This dish is best if you can use fresh herbs because the flavor is so intense, but if you don't have them dried herbs work just fine.