★★★★★ 1 vote5
5 Tbspbutter or margarine, divided
1 Tbspfresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
1 Tbspfresh tarragon (or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon)
6chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 cchicken broth
8 ozfresh mushrooms, sliced
1 smallonion, cut into ringlets
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 can(s)heavy cream
1/4 cdry white wine
How to Make Mother-in Law's Awesome Mushroom Chicken Breast
- Heat oven to 400.
- In a large skillet, place 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine, parsley and tarragon. Heat until butter is melted and hot.
Saute, in butter mixture, chicken breasts 6-8 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour broth into the skillet, heat to boiling. Remove broth from skillet and set aside.
- Saute onions and mushrooms in remaining 2 TBSP of butter or margarine; blend in flour.
Add broth, cream and wine to skillet with mushrooms and onions, stirring constantly until boiling. Take pan off from heat.
- Arrange chicken in a 9x13 casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray (I use butter flavored). Pour mushroom mixture over the chickenand bake for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- NOTES: This dish is best if you can use fresh herbs because the flavor is so intense, but if you don't have them dried herbs work just fine.