morrocan chicken with tomatoes and potatoes
- 1 pkg
- 3 or 4 boneless breasts or a selection of bone-in breasts and/or thighs
- baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes (or 2-3 larage fresh tomatoes, diced
- carrots or parsnips, quartered
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1-2 clove
- garlic, diced
- red bell pepper, diced
- 1 c
- peas (if desired)
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- parsley (or 2 tbs. dried)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- a few pinches of saffron, if you've got it
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make morrocan chicken with tomatoes and potatoes
- 1In a large pot, heat oil and saute' onion and garlic. (I also used a couple jalepeno's) Add chicken, tomatoes, red pepper, parsley, paprika, saffron, and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook aobut an hour (until chicken is thoroughly cooked and just beginning to shred when handled much), stirring occasionally.
- 2Add water as necessary to keep mixture wet and saucy (maybe 2 cups total by the end of the process). Add potatoes, carrots/parsnips, and peas and cook for another 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are completely cooked. Salt and pepper as you like.
- 3Now, if you want to eat in authentic Morracan style, dish onto a large plate and serve with lots of bread (something crusty like French works well).
- 4Using the bread as the only untensil, everyone eats out of their section of the plate (using the right hand only). Wow, a culture where playing in your food is the norm!