Moo Goo Gai Pan
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 whole, boneless-skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (2oz) sliced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (14-1/2oz) chicken broth
- 2 packages (6-7oz) pea pods (fresh or frozen)
- hot cooked rice
- toasted almonds, optional
How to Make Moo Goo Gai Pan
- 1Blend cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- 2Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet or wok. Add chicken. Stir-fry over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
- 3Add onion to skillet. Stir-fry for one minute. Add mushrooms, pimentos, and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Add chicken broth and pea pods. Heat to boiling.
- 4Add cornstarch mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken.
- 5Serve with cooked rice. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve with soy sauce, if desired.