This is only for one serving, adjust according to your needs.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 mediumto large boneless, skinless chcken breast
·pepperjack cheese, shredded
·diced green chiles
·diced or sliced black olives.
·bread crumbs or your favorite breading
How to Make Monterey Chicken
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a lipped cookie cheet with cooking spray.
- 2 ways--slice the breast almost all the way thru; or pound out to about 1/4" thick.
- Stuff sliced breast with the cheese, chiles and olives. toothpick to hold together.
Spread the ingredients on the flattened breast, fold over, toothpick edges.
- Coat with your favorite breading mixture. If you like, dip breasts in a mixture of egg and milk then coat. Bake till juices run clear.
- Hint: from other recipe, mix 1 package taco seasoning with your breading. I have never tried this; but it sounds like it would be OK.