This is only for one serving, adjust according to your needs.
- 1 medium
- to large boneless, skinless chcken breast
- pepperjack cheese, shredded
- diced green chiles
- diced or sliced black olives.
- bread crumbs or your favorite breading
How to Make Monterey Chicken
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a lipped cookie cheet with cooking spray.
- 22 ways--slice the breast almost all the way thru; or pound out to about 1/4" thick.
- 3Stuff sliced breast with the cheese, chiles and olives. toothpick to hold together.
Spread the ingredients on the flattened breast, fold over, toothpick edges.
- 4Coat with your favorite breading mixture. If you like, dip breasts in a mixture of egg and milk then coat. Bake till juices run clear.
- 5Hint: from other recipe, mix 1 package taco seasoning with your breading. I have never tried this; but it sounds like it would be OK.