Mom's Chicken Divan
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lg can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 bunchfresh broccoli
1 tspcurry powder, or more
1 lb pkgcheddar cheese, shred it
1/2 to 1 cbread crumbs
How to Make Mom's Chicken Divan
- First, boil the chicken till done. I never pay attention to the time it cooks, I just check it every so often.When it is fully cooked, falling off the bones, pull all the meat off the bones, toss all bones and skin, and anything else into the trash.Save the water that you cooked the chicken in.
- Put the pot of water that you cooked the chicken in on the stove and cut up the broccoli, then add to water and boil till as done as you want it. Some people like their broccoli harder than others.
- Open can of cream of chicken soup (you may add more soup if you want), and place in pot on stove to heat it up, add curry powder to the soup and taste till you are satisfied.
- Place chicken meat as the first layer in the large cake pan ( I use a large, glass rectangular pan.) then place broccolli on top,spread evenly over the chicken meat. Then cover with the cream of chicken soup, mixed with the curry powder.
- Next, preheat the oven to 350.then you shred the whole package of cheese, and place that on top of the soup. The next item to go on top of the cheese is the bread crumbs. Finally, melt the stick of margarine, and pour it on top of the bread crumbs.
- Now, place the pan in the 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes till the top gets lightly browned.