Mom's Chicken Broccoli
Everyone who tries it loves it.
FYI...leftovers are REALLY good for breakfast too!!
- 1 lb
- broccoli, fresh
- whole chicken..steamed..torn
- 1-2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c
- toasted bread crumbs or panko
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or margerine
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mom's Chicken Broccoli
- 1Cut broccoli in nice size florets. Steam until ALMOST done. Drain and set aside.
Steam whole chicken and let cool. De-bone chicken and tear into pieces about the size of the broccoli. Set aside.
- 2Mix together soup, lemon juice, mayo and salt and pepper.
Melt butter in a pan and add bread crumbs and toast lightly.
- 3Butter 9x13 casserole dish. Layer bottom of dish with broccoli and then chicken. Spoon cream sauce over chicken. Top with shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly.