1/2 cchopped onion
5potatoes, cubed and cooked part way
4carrots, diced small
1 ccelery, diced small
3 cfrozen corn
1 1/4 cflour
8 cchicken broth
7 cheavy cream
1 1/2 Tbspchicken base
2 lbchicken breast, chopped
How to Make Momma's Chicken and Corn Chowder
- Cut and boil chicken breast until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Fry bacon in large skillet, until crisp, crumble and place on paper towel to cool.
Save the bacon grease.
(I cut my bacon before frying to finish faster)
- To the bacon grease add, butter.
After butter is melted saute onions, carrots, and celery, until veggies are tender.
- Add flour small amounts at a time, stir and cook about 5 minutes.
(This will bubble up and cook the taste of flour out)
- Transfer to a soup pot, add chicken, chicken broth, chicken base, and pepper, simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir often, this will be thick.
- Add corn, potatoes, bacon, and heavy cream.
Simmer until warm, stir often.