- 1 c
- 1 lb
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp
- potatoes, cubed and cooked part way
- carrots, diced small
- 1 c
- celery, diced small
- 3 c
- frozen corn
- 1 1/4 c
- 8 c
- chicken broth
- 7 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- chicken base
- 2 lb
- chicken breast, chopped
How to Make Momma's Chicken and Corn Chowder
- 1Cut and boil chicken breast until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 2Fry bacon in large skillet, until crisp, crumble and place on paper towel to cool.
Save the bacon grease.
(I cut my bacon before frying to finish faster)
- 3To the bacon grease add, butter.
After butter is melted saute onions, carrots, and celery, until veggies are tender.
- 4Add flour small amounts at a time, stir and cook about 5 minutes.
(This will bubble up and cook the taste of flour out)
- 5Transfer to a soup pot, add chicken, chicken broth, chicken base, and pepper, simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir often, this will be thick.
- 6Add corn, potatoes, bacon, and heavy cream.
Simmer until warm, stir often.