Mochiko Chicken Wings w/ Caramel Ginger Sauce
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
1/2 cfish sauce
2 Tbspginger, minced
2 Tbspred onion, minced
3/4 cthai sweet chili sauce
3 lbchicken wings
1 bottleteriyaki sauce
2 cmochiko, rice flour
How to Make Mochiko Chicken Wings w/ Caramel Ginger Sauce
- Sauce: Cook sugar in a heavy bottom sauce pan with 2 quart capacity over low heat.Allow the suagr to caramelize. Stir with a wooden spoon. Sugar should be golden brown. Carefull add in the fish sauce. The suage will become hard but let it melt back down into the fish sauce. Add in the ginger & onion & cook until soften. Add in the chili sauce & mix well. Let sauce cool the room temperature before coating the chicken.
- Chicken: Toss chicken wings in the teriyaki sacue & place in ice box for up to 2 hrs.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan to 350F. Fill the frying pan or wok 1/3 to 1/2 way full with oil. Drain chicken from sacue then dredge in mochiko rice flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Drop the chicken carefully into the oil & fry until golen brown.
- toss in the ginger sacue to coat all the pieces & allow the sauce to absorb intp the chicken.
- Optional garnish of cut green onions & toasted sesame seeds.