Mixed Grill with Sweet and Spicy Bourbon Sauce
1 1/4 cdark brown sugar, packed
18 clovegarlic, minced
3/4 csoy sauce
6 Tbsprice vinegar
3 tspchili powder
2 Tbspginger, peeled and chopped
3/4 Tbspkosher salt
9green onions, chopped
2racks baby back ribs
8meaty beef short ribs
1 cbeef broth
How to Make Mixed Grill with Sweet and Spicy Bourbon Sauce
- Place sugar and next 8 ingredients plus T ground black pepper in large bowl. Whisk until salt dissolves. Mix in green onions.
- Sprinkle pork, beef and chicken with salt and pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Arrange pork ribs in single layer on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange beef short ribs in single layer on baking sheet.
- Arrange chicken in another baking sheet.
- Pour ¾ c marinade over meat and turn to coat.
- Marinate 1 hour at room temp.
- Cover, chill and reserve remaining marinade for grilling.
- Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 350.
Add beef broth to pan with short ribs. Turn ribs meat side down in broth.
- Cover pork, beef and chicken pans with foil.
- Place pork on lower rack and beef and chicken on upper rack. Bake pork and chicken until tender, about 1 ½ hours.
- Remove both from oven, open foil and continue to bake beef until tender, about 1 ¼ hours longer.
- Remove from Oven and open foil. Pour pan juices from pork, chicken and beef into medium saucepan. Spoon off fat and boil until reduced to a little less than 2 cups, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add bourbon, return to boil, then remove from heat. Season with salt, pepper and more sriacha.
- Cut pork ribs between bones into serving size (about 2 ribs). Brush all meat with marinade.
- Grill pork, beef and chicken until slightly charred brushing with marinade and turning occasionally.