Mix Crazy Chicken-Rice Noodle Stir-Fry
- 8 oz
- transparent rice noodles (rice sticks)
- 2 Tbsp
- thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- traditional spicy sambal
- 3 Tbsp
- grapeseed or canola oil
- shallots, sliced 1/8 thick
- 1 lb
- ground chicken
- 1/2 c
- scallions, sliced fine
- 1/4 c
- thai or sweet basil leaves cut into fine ribbons
- lime quartered for garnish
- springs of thai or sweet basil for garnish
How to Make Mix Crazy Chicken-Rice Noodle Stir-Fry
- 1Fill in a large bowl with warm water. Add the noodles and soak until tender about 20 minutes and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and sambal, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 3Heat a wok or large heavy saute pan over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the shallots and stir-fry until brown, about 1 minute. Add the chicken and stir-fry, breaking up meat, until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the noodles and sauce mixture and heat through, stirring. Add the scallions and basil ribbons and toss well. Garnish with lime wedges and basil sprigs and serve immediately.