Million-Dollar Salsa Chicken
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 chot cooked couscous or rice
1/4 ccoarsely chopped almonds
2garlic cloves, minced
8chicken thighs, skin removed
2 Tbspdried currants or raisins
How to Make Million-Dollar Salsa Chicken
- Cook coulscous as directed on package. Keep warm
- Meanwhile, heat oil in lare skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add almonds, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add garlic and chicken to skillet; cook 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is browned, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and all remaining ingredients; mix well. Add to chicken. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 20 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in almonds; serve chicken and juices over couscous.
- Notes: For flavorful couscous, cook it in chicken or vegetable stock instead of water.
Substitutes: Use pork chunks instead of chicken, use prunes, apricots, dates or figs as the dried fruits. Use pine nuts instead of almonds if desired.