Mexican Style Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- broiler fryer chickens
- 1 qt
- bay leaf
- garlic cloves, crushed
- peppercorns, cracked
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 1/4 c
- 28 oz
- tomatoes, canned italian-style and diced
- 2 can(s)
- green chile peppers, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic cloves, mashed
How to Make Mexican Style Chicken
- 1Poach chicken pieces until almost tender, about 15 minutes, in 1 quart well-seasoned water. (I add chicken base, basil, oregano and rice wine.)
- 2Add bay leaf, 2 cloves of garlic, peppercorns and salt.
- 3Let chicken cool in broth.
- 4Saute onion until golden in hot oil in a dutch oven.
- 5Add the tomatoes and chiles.
- 6Season the sauce with salt, pepper and oregano.
- 7Add 2 cups reserved chicken stock.
- 8Boil 5 minutes, add mashed garlic and correct the seasoning.
- 9Place chicken in baking dish, pour all of the sauce over it, cover, and bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes, until bubbly.