Mexican Style Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2broiler fryer chickens
2garlic cloves, crushed
1 cchopped onion
28 oztomatoes, canned italian-style and diced
2 can(s)green chile peppers, chopped
4garlic cloves, mashed
How to Make Mexican Style Chicken
- Poach chicken pieces until almost tender, about 15 minutes, in 1 quart well-seasoned water. (I add chicken base, basil, oregano and rice wine.)
- Add bay leaf, 2 cloves of garlic, peppercorns and salt.
- Let chicken cool in broth.
- Saute onion until golden in hot oil in a dutch oven.
- Add the tomatoes and chiles.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add 2 cups reserved chicken stock.
- Boil 5 minutes, add mashed garlic and correct the seasoning.
- Place chicken in baking dish, pour all of the sauce over it, cover, and bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes, until bubbly.