★★★★★ 1 vote5
2chicken breasts, whole
1/3 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspchili powder
4 ozmonterey jack cheese, shredded
How to Make Mexican Salsa Chicken
- Pound chicken 1/4 inch thick.
- In shallow dish combine flour, garlic powder, paprika and chili powder.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook in oil 3-4 minutes each side until lightly browned and no longer pink.
- Reduce heat, spoon 1 tablespoon of salsa onto center of each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese melts.
- Serve with additional salsa.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Rice makes a nice addition to this.