Mexican Potato Casserole
Can be made with chicken too!
Anyway...this is soooooo yummy! I just made it again.
- 4 medium
- potatoes, scrubbed or peeled and cut into 1/2" cubed
- 2-3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- taco seaoning
- 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1/4 c
- onion, chopped
- 1 c
- salsa, your favorite blend
- 1/2 c
- bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
How to Make Mexican Potato Casserole
- 1Place potatoes in a greased casserole dish, melt butter and mix in taco seasoning, pour over potatoes, stir to coat well. Bake uncovered at 425 for 40 minutes. Take out and stir, then bake another 10 minutes.
- 2In the mean time while potatoes are baking, brown and crumble beef, add onion and cook until onion is soft, then drain. Stir in salsa and peppers. Then when potatoes are done, pour meat mixture over the top of them, top with cheese and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
Serve with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- 3***This is good using chicken in place of the hamburger...use ground or shredded,(I tried it with shredded) then use chicken taco seasoning instead of the regular taco seasoning.