Mexican Pasta Casserole
- 12 oz
- rigatoni, ziti or other medium pasta shape
- 2 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic minced
- jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 1 can(s)
- (28-ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 8 oz
- boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and julienned
- 1/4 c
- ripe olives, chopped
- 4 oz
- wisconsin queso quesadilla cheese, monterey jack cheese or wisconsin jalapeño havarti cheese, shredded and divided
How to Make Mexican Pasta Casserole
- 1Heat oven to 375°F
Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add chili powder and stir for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and liquid, cumin, and oregano.
Simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 2When pasta is done, drain well. In bowl, combine pasta, chicken, olives, 3/4 cup cheese and sauce. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish lightly sprayed with vegetable oil.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Cover loosely with foil and bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.