Mexican Pasta Casserole
- 12 oz
- rigatoni, ziti or other medium pasta shape
- 2 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic minced
- jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 1 can(s)
- (28-ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 8 oz
- boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and julienned
- 1/4 c
- ripe olives, chopped
- 4 oz
- wisconsin queso quesadilla cheese, monterey jack cheese or wisconsin jalapeño havarti cheese, shredded and divided
Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add chili powder and stir for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and liquid, cumin, and oregano.
Simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Cover loosely with foil and bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.