Mexican flavored Chicken Breast that were amazing!
- skinless and boneless chicken breast
- jeffrey saabs mexican spice blend rub
- 1 jar(s)
- of whole button mushrooms marinated in vinegar, halapenos and shaved carrots (see note below)
- 1/2 box
- of medford farms veggie stock or any veggie stock (see not below)
- small heads of broccoli cut into florets
- cornstarch and water to use as a thickener
How to Make Mexican flavored Chicken Breast that were amazing!
- 1I took 4 breast and used my meat tenderizer on both sides. I didn't flatten them just tenderized them a little. Then I took a little olive oil and drizzled one both side and added the mexican seasoning blend and rubbed it on both sides of the breasts.
- 2Then in a baking dish (13 x 9). I poured the veggie stock and added the mushrooms. I then put a wire rack on top and added my chicken. I sprayed the rack with cooking spray. Place the broccoli florets all around the outside of the baking dish.
- 3I tented aluminum foil over top of the chicken and baked it in a preheated oven at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 - 165°.
- 4Remove chicken and keep warm. I just put foil on top of it. Pour the drippings in a saucepan and bring to boil. I used cornstarch to make a thickener. Just add about a few tablespoons of cornstarch and then add water until you get a nice smooth paste. Once the stock comes to a boil add the thickener with a wire wisk. Plate chicken and broccoli and pour gravy over it. Yummy!!
- 5Note: If you can't find a jar of marinated mushrooms you could just take a regular jar and add some halapenos to it probably about a tablespoon or two. Take your veggie peeler if you have one and clean 1 carrot and run the peeler over again to shave some of the carrots. Add to the broth.
- 6Note: The veggie stock I used was amazing! It is very low in sodium! 75 mg per serving! I love it as it does not overpower the chicken or any meat for that matter. It just enhances the flavor of your recipe! It is the only stock I will use from now on!