Mexican chocolate wings
Irisa Raina 9
- 14 wings or so
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons of ancho chili powder
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- 1 & /1/2 cup’s tomato sauce
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 3 -4 ounces of chopped dark baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and fresh ground pepper
How to Make Mexican chocolate wings
- 1In a large frying pan brown the wings in the oil for about 5 minutes till they start to brown, drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- 2In a heavy sauce pan cook the next 8 items on a very low heat stirring till the chocolate has melted and the sauce is thick and smooth. You’ll need to watch this because the chocolate will burn if it is not watched. Adjust the seasonings as needed to your personal taste. I usually add more heat....by adding more hot sauce. We like things hot but you can adjust these to suite you.
- 3Toss the wings with the sauce, spray the baking pan with a no stick product or line the pan with parchment paper, then put the wings in the baking pan and bake in a pre heated oven at 375 till the wings are dark and bubbly and hot… about 20 - 25 minutes “depending on your oven." You don’t need any dipping sauce with these…they are messy and delicious. I serve these with a simple salad bread and a cold beverage.