Memaw's Chicken Devan
- 1 original roast rotiserie chicken
- lrg. broccoli heads
- 1 pkg
- large bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- heaping tablespoons of real mayo
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 2 stick
- unsalted butter
- 2 box
- stove top stuffing (your choice)
How to Make Memaw's Chicken Devan
- 1Debone the rotisserie chicken, use all the meat that you can get off, discard the fat, bones and skin. Layer evenly on the bottom of a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- 2Cut up broccoli. Use as much of the broccoli including the stems that you can.
- 3Wash broccoli. Put broccoli in a pot and put water in pot about half way up to broccoli. Bring to a boil and cook under just tender.
- 4Drain broccoli and layer evenly on top of chicken.
Layer bag of shredded cheddar cheese on top of broccoli.
- 5In a medium bowl mix mayo, broth, and can of mushroom soup. Pour this evenly over the top.
- 6In another large bowl melt 2 sticks of butter in microwave. When melted add the boxes of stove top stuffing in the bowl with the butter and stir until the stove top has absorbed the butter evenly.
- 7Spread the stove top evenly over the casserole and bake at 350 deg. for 40 minutes. (Until golden brown and bubbling)
- 8When finished baking. Cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Then enjoy!!!