Meem's Italian Chicken & Potatoes
3 lbcut up boned chicken with skin
3 lbyukon gold potatoes
1/4 colive oil
1 Tbspminced garlic
2 tspdry basil
2 tspdry oregano
1 tspsea salt
1 tspfresh ground pepper
How to Make Meem's Italian Chicken & Potatoes
- Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Drizzle some good quality olive oil over all
- Place chicken skin side up in a greased baking pan (I just use Pam) Do not line with foil.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and while it's heating cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices and put in a bowl.
- Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and coat. I'm guesstimating on the oil, so don't drown them in it. Put just enough to coat with a thin sheen.
- Next add the basil, garlic and oregano to the bowl and mix to distribute. Again, do this to your taste. I believe there is no such thing as too much garlic, so feel free to adjust.
- Layer the potatoes in a baking pan. You can overlap them a bit, just make sure most of the slice is exposed.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Put both pans in the oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. The chicken should be crisp with the juice running clear and potatoes are soft when poked with a fork.
- Now the fun part. Remove chicken to a platter to rest and take all those yummy juices and crusties from the pan and pour it over your potatoes.
- Put the potatoes back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Don't worry the juices will keep them moist.
- Remove potatoes and put everything on a platter.