Mediterranean Pot Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- onions, thinly sliced
- cloves minced fresh garlic
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 1/4 c
- chicken broth
- 14 oz
- canned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 1/2 c
- chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 14 oz
- artichoke hearts, canned, rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 c
- black olives
- 1/4 c
- bottled pepperoncinis, drained, seeded and chopped
- pepper to taste
How to Make Mediterranean Pot Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- 3Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until the onions are soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add flour and oregano and stir to coat the onions.
- 5Add broth and tomatoes and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- 6Stir in chicken, artichokes, olives and pepperoncinis.
- 7Taste and season with pepper.
- 8Transfer the mixture to a deep 10 inch pie pan or other 2 quart baking dish and set aside.