Mediterranean Pot Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2onions, thinly sliced
3cloves minced fresh garlic
3 Tbspall purpose flour
1 tspdried oregano
1 1/4 cchicken broth
14 ozcanned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
2 1/2 cchicken breast, cooked and chopped
14 ozartichoke hearts, canned, rinsed and sliced
1/2 cblack olives
1/4 cbottled pepperoncinis, drained, seeded and chopped
·pepper to taste
How to Make Mediterranean Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until the onions are soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and oregano and stir to coat the onions.
- Add broth and tomatoes and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken, artichokes, olives and pepperoncinis.
- Taste and season with pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a deep 10 inch pie pan or other 2 quart baking dish and set aside.