Mediterranean Chicken Pot Pie
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 1/4 lb
- chicken breasts and thighs
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- 6 large
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 c
- 2 sprig(s)
- thyme, leaves
- thyme sprigs for garnish
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken Pot Pie
- 1First heat the oven 400-degrees.
Cut the meat into small pieces. Brown in olive oil, then lower the heat, add wine and cook for about 10 minutes, until no longer raw. In the meantime, beat the
eggs with flour, salt and milk.
The mixture should resemble pancake dough. Remove thyme leaves from the branches, add to the mixture and stir.
- 2Cover the bottom of an ovenproof dish with olive oil, place in the oven. When the olive oil is hot, remove from the oven. Put a third of the egg mixture at the bottom of the dish. It will cook for you instantly. Next put half of the meat, then the egg mixture, meat and egg mixture on top.
- 3Using a fork, push some of the meat pieces down, to flatten the top.
Decorate with thyme springs. Return the casserole back to the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until an inserted skewer comes out clean.