★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground chicken and pork mixed
- 1 large
- onion fine chopped
- 1/2 c
- raw white or brown rice
- 4 medium
- green peppers
- 1 medium
- hot banana pepper
- 3 clove
- garlic minced
- 2 large
- tins of tomato or clamato juice
- large egg
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh chopped basil
How to Make Meat and Rice Stuffed Peppers
- 1Pour the juice in a large pot and bring to boil...while juice is boiling cut off the top of the peppers and scoop out the seeds do the same with the banana pepper but be careful ..do not rub your eyes or mouth,,wash hands after the seeds have been scooped out.
- 2In bowl mix together the meat, rice onion garlic basil and egg..do not stuff to the top as the mixture expands while cooking.
- 3If you have any meat mixture left over, make large meat balls and add to pot to cook with the peppers..turn down the heat and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours stirring occasionally.
- 4When finished cooking remove the peppers to platter and mix 2 tbsp spoons cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water and bring tomato juice to a boil and add the cornstarch slurry to boiling juice and keep stirring til thickened.
- 5Place the peppers meat balls and juice into A casserole serving dish..serve with crusty buns or thick bread slices to dip into and eat the sauce.