Maw-Maws Brunswick Stew
8chicken legs or 2lb cubed chicken breast
4lg potatoes cubed
16 ozfrozen whole kernal corn
16 ozfrozen baby green lima beans
15 oz can(s)diced tomatoes (optional)
·salt and pepper to taste
·garlic powder to taste
1/4 colive oil or just enough to cover the bottom of the pot
How to Make Maw-Maws Brunswick Stew
- Heat oil in heavy dutch oven. Season chicken (cubed breasts or chicken legs) with salt, pepper and garlic, dredge in flour.
- On Med to Med high heat brown chicken until just golden.
- Add onion and saute until tender. Don't brown or caramelize them.
- Add just enough water to cover. Add lima beans and simmer for ten minutes over medium heat.
- Add corn, potatoes, and tomatoes if using them. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, covered or until potatoes and lima beans are tender. Keep just enough water to cover. The flour from dredging and the potatoes will serve to thicken the broth somewhat.
- Serve with garlic bread or cornbread and enjoy!