Maw-Maws Brunswick Stew
- chicken legs or 2lb cubed chicken breast
- lg potatoes cubed
- chopped onion
- 16 oz
- frozen whole kernal corn
- 16 oz
- frozen baby green lima beans
- 1 c
- 15 oz can(s)
- diced tomatoes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/4 c
- olive oil or just enough to cover the bottom of the pot
How to Make Maw-Maws Brunswick Stew
- 1Heat oil in heavy dutch oven. Season chicken (cubed breasts or chicken legs) with salt, pepper and garlic, dredge in flour.
- 2On Med to Med high heat brown chicken until just golden.
- 3Add onion and saute until tender. Don't brown or caramelize them.
- 4Add just enough water to cover. Add lima beans and simmer for ten minutes over medium heat.
- 5Add corn, potatoes, and tomatoes if using them. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, covered or until potatoes and lima beans are tender. Keep just enough water to cover. The flour from dredging and the potatoes will serve to thicken the broth somewhat.
- 6Serve with garlic bread or cornbread and enjoy!