Maui Chicken Sandwich1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 ozpineapple slices
1/2 tsporegano, dried
1/4 tspgarlic powder
4chicken breasts, halves, boneless and skinless
1/2 cthousand island dressing
1/2 cwater chestnuts, diced
1/4 tspred pepper, ground (optional)
4sandwich buns, split horizontally
·bell pepper, sliced in rings
How to Make Maui Chicken Sandwich
- Combine undrained pineapple, oregano and garlic powder in shallow, nonmetallic dish.
- Add chicken, turn to coat all sides; cover and marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Grill or broil chicken and pineapple, brushing with reserved marinade, 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in center and pineapple is golden brown; discard any remaining marinade.
- Combine salad dressing, water chestnuts (or jicama) and bell pepper; spread onto bottom halves of rolls.
- Top with chicken, bell pepper rings and pineapple and top halves of rolls; garnish with fresh fruit and mint leaves, if desired.