Marinated Grilled Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspcoriander, ground
1/4 cfresh lime juice mixed with 1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 tspcrushed dried red pepper
2chicken, cut up
2garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1.5 cplain whole milk yogurt
How to Make Marinated Grilled Chicken
- In a small iron skillet toast the coriander and cumin for a few seconds or until the spices emit a lovely aroma.
- Remove from heat and cool for a moment.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the toasted spices with the paprika, lime juice and sugar.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper.
- Prick the chicken pieces all over and rub the pieces with half of the lime/spice mixture.
- Combine remaining half of lime/spice mixture with garlic, vegetable oil and yogurt.
- Marinate the chicken in the yogurt mixture for 24 hours, turning the pieces on occasion.
- Preheat the broiler (or heat an outdoor grill) and set the rack 4 inches away from heat source.
- Remove chicken from marinade and broil, skin side down for about 15 minutes a side or until cooked through and browned.
- Let rest at room temperature for up to an hour before serving.
- Or chill and bring back to room temperature before serving.