Marinated Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 6 oz
- rice pilaf mix
- 1/4 c
- green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- broccoli florets
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- marinated chicken breast halves
- tomato, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 slice
- mozzarella cheese, halved
How to Make Marinated Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella
- 1Prepare rice pilaf according to package directions, adding green onion the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 2Meanwhile, in a saucepan bring the 1/2 cup water to boiling and add broccoli florets.
- 3Cook, covered, for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- 4In a large, cast-iron skillet heat oil and cook chicken breasts over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
- 5Overlap the halved tomato slices on top of the chicken breasts and cover each with a half-slice of mozzarella.
- 6Broil the chicken breasts 3-4 inches from the heat for 1 minute or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 7Serve on hot rice pilaf.